Many people have asked me what is so important about “tweeting” and would it be helpful for their business. I will provide you with some examples in terms of when it would be helpful.
Here are some benefits of using twitter to generate business:
1. Bring traffic to your site. If you follow someone and they follow you back, they will most likely check out the link to your website which you have set on your profile.
2. Offer a special promotion. Commerce Casino occasionally sends out a tweet where if you respond within a certain period of time, you will be eligible for a discount on massages.
3. Free publicity. Whether you are looking to find listeners to tune into your radio show or you are looking to promote a book, tweet away!
4. Special cause. If you are involved in nonprofits or promoting a special cause, tweet about it!
With the use of a Twitter tool, Tweet Adder, this gives you the opportunity to add 1000 followers per day. Once you reach 2000 followers, you are not allowed to add 1000 followers per day. A little strategy is involved in order to build your Twitter Presence.
The Tweet Adder tool will provide you with the capability of scheduling tweets. Spend some time generating approximately 25-30 tweets in a text file then upload them to the tool. At that point, you can schedule them to tweet. You can “set it and forget it”!
Everything on Tweet Adder is automated. You can automate it to add certain people as well as unfollow them after 72 hours. Seriously, if they do not want to follow you after 3 days, you need to remove them and move on. Trust me. They will recover from this form of rejection.
Also, you are able to search for Twitter users based on keyword interests and location. However, the goal is to get these people to follow you in order to develop a Twitter presence. In order to do this, I recommend the following:
1. Provide useful tips to users which will help them in the area of interest. For example, if you specialize in developing websites, provide your followers with helpful hints. Do not start promoting your product right away. In order to get a following you need to offer them something at no charge.
2. Establish trust on Twitter. Provide inspiring and useful tips to help your followers. Remember, if you pay it forward and offer them free information, you develop trust amongst your followers.
3. Tweet at least 3 times a day. The standard recommendation is to tweet 12-14 times a day. At least 3 minimum will keep your current followers and potential followers interested.
4. Follow the Twitter “trends”. Find out what keywords people are searching for under Twitter and include that in your tweet.
5. Make sure to use the “#” symbol otherwise known as the hashtag. You can use this to tag an event or keyword. People use http://search.twitter.com or http://www.tweetchat.com to search for posts.
6. Ask for testimonials. If your current customers have Twitter accounts and are happy with your service, ask them to write a testimonial and include your username. For example, “Thank you @jswatton for the outstanding service!”
7. Provide updates on current events. If you are attending a seminar, post updates frequently throughout the seminar with tips that will keep them interested.
8. Send out automated messages to your followers for special events or promotions.
Overall, Twitter is an amazing tool which has many wonderful capabilities. I, personally, do not have the time to read every tweet, however, there are quite a few people suffering from Technology Attention Deficit Disorder who have a Twitter addiction. Based on the number of hours they spend on the internet, they will read them! Therefore, don’t be a twit. Just tweet! Gotta go. Have to tweet about this article.